Pineider Ink Alchemy Set
The Pineider Ink Alchemy of Colors is an invitation to you to use your imagination and creativity, to look at the colorful side of the world. The collection takes its inspiration from the printing system known as CMYK which stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Key Black, a color model also known as Quadrichromy (4 colors). When the first three colors are superimposed in varying amounts, they can create almost any color.
The system is fairly simple: by varying the amounts of Cyan, Magenta and Yellow you can obtain virtually any color from red, pink and sky blue to purple, orange, green or any other combination. Black, in addition to being a primary color, serves the obvious purpose of instantly darkening any color formulation. Pineider has also invented a transparent ink for lightening the color formulated and for thus creating a full range of sub-shades.
This set includes:
- 5 50ml ink bottles with the colors: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Transparent, fitted with dropper.
- 5 15ml empty bottles but fitted with tops to make formulations and to save the color you have created.
- 1 Pineider Pen Filler for plunger pens allowing you to fill a pen with a single refill.
- 1 Pineider Snorkel to allow you to fill a converter without getting your hands dirty.
- 1 instruction booklet with formulas for creating colors.
- Archive cards to jot down the formulas for the colors you have created.
- Carefully replace each dropper in its bottle. If you accidentally pollute a color, all subsequent formulations will also be distorted.
- The unit of measurement is the drop, so you cannot add less than one drop.
- Using the basic chart provided, mix the number of drops required for each color in one of the five bottles provided in order to obtain the color you want.
- Make sure the bottle is tightly sealed then shake it lightly.
- Add black to obtain a darker shade or transparent to obtain a lighter shade.
- The amount of each formulation can be reduced or increased by dividing or multiplying the drops required to achieve the color by the same number.