Oldwin Classic Solid Rose Gold Fountain Pen
Oldwin is the trademark that Boris MORA, father of André MORA deposited when he moved to Paris, rue Charlot in 1930. Russian immigrant, leaving Russia from the fallen tsars, Boris Mora became passionate about jewelry and trained as a jeweler. His lack of discernment of colors, problematic in jewelry, will push him to move towards wholesale stationery.
It was at this time that the company Mora was born, and the brand dedicated to this universe: Oldwin. Why a name with an Anglo-Saxon consonance? It was the trend of the time. The manufacturing is French, mainly developed in the Jura. Boris Mora will travel the country selling his pens and spare parts for old pens. At that time, all the pen sellers knew how to repair themselves the objects which they proposed in their workshops. For 30 years, Boris will develop the Oldwin brand by presenting a hundred models of fountain pens, balls and mechanical pencils. The arrival of the ballpoint pen will force him to stop the brand.
From rue Dauphine to rue Séguier, since 1991 installed on rue de Tournon, André MORA took over from his father in 1978. Passionate about writing, faithful to the craft techniques inherited from his father and refined in contact with renowned Parisian restaurateurs , combining new technologies, André Mora will take over the company, developing the range of modern pens and expanding the department dedicated to old pens. The shop has become the essential place for writing enthusiasts, demanding and loyal customers, adepts of beautiful objects and rare pieces.
The year 2002 saw the advent of a new line of Oldwin fountain pens, the "Classic" with a clean line, sober and without a ring. Model with oval tips which has become a staple of the brand. First available in black plexiglass, then in colored celluloid and ebonite, some copies of the "Classic" will be produced in sculpted silver or solid gold.